Skip to main content

steps to turn cylinders into a screwdriver in autodesk fusion 360

Hi friends,as I am building up my skill in fusion 360 I thought of making you aware of the stuffs I am making during my learning.Yes you are right, I am going to share the steps so that you too can make it smoothly and learn in the process of it.

Building up the screwdriver was not a sip of coffee by the way..rather till now it was the most difficult model for me.So lets move towards the fusion

Step 1
Start fusion 360 and choose sculpt work space from the options in the top left corner.You can also work in the design work space if sculpt is not available in your software.I also had the same difficulty, so chill

Step 2
First choose solid cylinder from the create drop down menu to start your model.Then go for yz plane and then drag down the required diameter and length of the cylinder.

Step 3
I then repeated the procedure to make another cylinder. Make sure that you align them on same axis as I have shown.

Step 4
Now I selected the create sketch option from the create menu and I drew a circle on one of the cylinders by shifting through the space alignment by clicking or moving the face of the cube at the top right corner.Make sure that your circle axis should coincide with the cylinder axis.

Step 5
After drawing the circle use the press pull option by clicking the right click button and then cut through one cylinder bu selecting the circle circumference and drawing the cursor through the cylinder.

Step 6
Now you can use your own modification as I did by drawing a pipe section around the facing edges of the cylinders.This will make the handle look more beautiful as you will see in the upcoming section.

Step 7
The pipe section made it a little difficult for me to join the faces so I decided to extrude the faces and aligned them up with the outward circumferential curvature of the pipe so that I can join them easily for my further modifications.
Step 8
Don't worry about the transparent view of the handle.This is the rendering effect which you have to apply at the end of your work.Just pay attention at how I have adjusted the driver from the cut through that I had created earlier.For this, you can create a plane and from that plane you can draw a cylindrical driver outward.

I myself fixed my plane inside the cut portion and then followed the same.

Step 9

Right click and select the fillet option and then by selecting any edge you can give it a beautiful curved shape.Go on and try your own modification and tell me in my comment box.

Step 10
I then used the Extrude option and extended the driver front by selecting 5 degrees of tapering angle.This gives it a beautiful look and an elegant screwdriver.This shape is definitely going to make some meaning as you will see further.

Step 11

Now you can create a cylindrical bar to slice cut the circular bottom of the driver and make it a flat end screwdriver.Again take that little precaution of the axis part and then by angling it a little outward drag it down to the screwdriver and coincide the part you want to slice out from the driver.A bit difficult but you will enjoy the struggle for sure.

After coinciding use the combine feature and cut the target by selecting driver as the target and the bar as the tool.

Step 12

Use the symmetry option to apply the face symmetry and you will get the same cut on the other side.
Now just take a look at the front flat end section my friends and you are going to understand the need of making it tapered.

After making it you can change from design to render where you can give your model a real physical appearance and feel better. Let's look at the final screwdriver.I have given glass appearance to the handle and aluminium appearance to the driver.


How is it?
Do comment if you like and feel free to ask anything about it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The beginners guide to 3D Modelling using Fusion 360

It is nearly a week since i started learning 3D design making using Fusion 360 and i can definitely say that it is really interesting and fun to learn.Till now i have not made so many things and the ones i made were basic models of a spoon, a water bottle, a bottle opener, a toy duck, a coffee mug and a screw driver .Among all the one which i loved making the most was the screw driver.   The reason behind the model being so special is the way i made it.I used all my previously learnt skill and did not take much of help from my tutorials.It took a lot of time to shape the flat end of the screw driver as the section was tapered and i had to use a cylinder bar to cut it like a flat end screwdriver. at the end I rendered the model and gave it the material look.The glass top and the aluminium driver is a total treat to watch after so much of working.I started making this with a simple cylinder and look what i could come up with at the end.Once you get to the core you can make a wide v